Tuesday, June 16, 2009

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

I apologize for the break between posts, I've been too busy rioting in Downtown Los Angeles because the Lakers are NBA CHAMPIONS! By the way I was kidding about the whole rioting part, I was actually up in the Bay Area for my sister's graduation from Stanford. Anyways, the dream of every Laker fan at the beginning of the season has become a reality. With a 99-86 win over the Orlando Magic Sunday night, the Lakers became NBA Champions for the 15th time in their glorious franchise history. With the win, Phil Jackson became the all-time winningest head coach in NBA History, as he won his 10th championship as a coach, passing the great Red Auerbach. Everyone on the Lakers not named Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant became champions for the first time in their careers, while Bryant and Fisher became 4-time NBA Champions. In winning the championship, Kobe finally silenced his critics by winning one without Shaquille O'Neal. Kobe also became the Finals MVP for the first time in his great career.

Listen I'm not going to sit here and say that I saw it coming all along, but I just had a feeling from the beginning of this season that the Lakers would end up winning it all. I have said all year long that when the Lakers play at their very best on a consistent basis, there is NO team in the NBA that can beat them....I mean NO ONE. I will say this now: if the Lakers bring everyone back next year, they will repeat. They are only going to get better since their nucleus is very young, and with a couple more championships, Kobe could potentially become the greatest player to ever play the game. Nonetheless the Lakers are World Champions and will have a target on their backs next season.

It's been a long seven years, but I can finally rejoice that my beloved Lakers are champions once again. I have not been this happy in God knows how long. People might think it's sad that my mood depends on how the Lakers do, but you know I really don't care. I'm a die-hard fan and there absolutely nothing that will make me to support any other NBA team more than I support the Lakers. So when occasions such as winning championships happen, I'm going to be in a good mood for a long time. 

So for the next year all the Laker haters can shut up, and all the Kobe haters can shut up. Because Kobe and the Lakers are Champions!!! I will be going to the Championship Parade tomorrow, so I will try my best to post tomorrow night about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment