Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Game 4 Preview

The Orlando Magic saved their season last night by defeating the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 3 of the NBA Finals. If the Magic had lost, the Lakers would have had a 3-0 series lead and would have essentially won the NBA Championship since no team in the history of the NBA has come back from an 0-3 deficit. Instead the Lakers now have a 2-1 series lead, with the all important Game 4 being tomorrow night in Orlando. 

Usually my mood for a Laker Gameday depends on whether or not the Lakers win. As sad as that may sound, it's true. If the Lakers win, I'm usually very happy, and if they lose, I'm usually sulking in my room wishing I could drink away my sorrows. However after the Game 3 loss I wasn't upset to be honest. The Lakers played a great game, it's just the Magic played a little bit better. The Magic shot an NBA Finals record 63% from the field in Game 3, yet only managed to win by four points. The Lakers were in the game and had their chances to win, they just did not execute down the stretch. Kobe Bryant played uncharacteristically bad in the final few minutes, which is something that probably will not happen again the rest of the series. Orlando also had huge games from Rafer Alston and Mickael Pietrus, as the two combined for 38 points, which again is something that probably will not happen again.

So even though the Lakers lost Game 3, I'm still very confident they will win the series and the championship. I expect the Lakers to win Game 4, then lose Game 5, and then win it all in Game 6. I knew the Lakers would not sweep Orlando, simply because the Magic are too good of a team to have been swept. The fact that Orlando played a near perfect game last night and only won by four is something to be very encouraged about if you are a Laker fan. 

Now that this series is now going to at least five games now all but guarantees the fact that I will be able to go to the Lakers Championship Parade if they do indeed win it all. If the Lakers win in five games, the parade would likely be next Tuesday, which is a day I have off of work. Similarly if the Lakers win in six games, the parade would probably be next Thursday, which is another off day for me. 

The song "All The Above" by Maino & T-Pain has been stuck in my head for a few days now. So, here is a video montage I found with the song combined with some of the best plays of the amazing career of Kobe Bryant. Enjoy, and let's go Lakers!


No comments:

Post a Comment