Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What A Year It Has Been


On my final night of my freshman year at ASU, I was able to enjoy a nice Laker blowout. The Lake Show is one win away from advancing to the Western Conference Finals after they destroyed Houston 118-78 in Game 5 of the best of seven series. This finally looked like the Laker team I have seen all year. They were aggressive on defense, they looked great on offense, and they were energetic. The Lakers more than made up for their pitiful performance on Sunday, when they lost 99-87. Andrew Bynum started at center and played well, scoring 14 points and grabbing six rebounds. The duo of Pau Gasol and Bynum were unstoppable, and I expect to see the Lakers close out the series in Game 6, which is Thursday night in Houston at 6:30

My freshman year at Arizona State is all but over. I have to write one final story for my news writing class, and then I will be done. How fast the time has gone. It seems like yesterday that I was moving in and meeting a new group of people, and now I am moving out with a year full of unforgettable memories.

It's only been one year, but I already know that coming to Arizona State is one of the best decisions I have made in my life. Over the past year I have gotten to know so many fun, loving, and interesting people. I have met people that are just as crazy about sports as I am. The guys I am living with next year are a few of the closest friends I have ever had in my life. Coming into my freshman year, I didn't know what to expect. Never in a million years did I think I would have as much fun as I did this past year. Everyone I have gotten to know in Cronkite Village has had an impact on me in one way or another, and for that I am very grateful. 

Not only has the social life been great, but the extra-cirricular life has been spectacular. It took me all of three weeks before I made my debut on the Blaze 1260 AM. The times I have had at the Blaze have been great. From doing Bottom of the Sixth, to calling three ASU Basketball games this year, I have had a fantastic experience in student radio. The experiences with the Blaze have only cemented the fact that I know Sports Radio is the career I want to pursue. I would be ignorant if I didn't give my praise to the one who has made this all possible for me: God. He has blessed me with the opportunity to be at ASU, and to be involved with the Blaze. Without him, I would be nothing. I also have to give my deepest thanks to my parents, who have supported me and sacrificed so much for me to be here. They have been my biggest supporters, always encouraging me and listening to me every time I was on-the-air. Without their love and support, I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am now.

The time has come, so for now, I say farewell to ASU. I leave the desert later today, and will be back in mid-August. I hope the next three months of summer go by as quickly as this past school year did. This year has been a blast, and I can only hope next year is even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment