Sunday, May 24, 2009

Weekend Wrap

One of my best friends who goes to the University of Illinois and lives in Texas came back to Agoura Hills to visit this weekend. It was definitely nice to see him and catch up again. Four of my best friends from high school and I were all together this weekend for the first time in a few years. It's crazy how things change from year to year. My friend who came out to visit is engaged, and he's only 20 years old. At this time next year he will be a married man. The wedding will be in St. Louis, Missouri, and I'm hopeful that I will be able to attend and be an usher in the ceremony. I've never been to the midwest before, so that's definitely an event I am looking forward to.

Other than the Dodgers losing two out of three games to LA's fake team a.k.a the Angels, the weekend in sports was a great one. The Lakers won Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals, a win that is the Lakers biggest of the year without question. The Lakers now have a 2-1 series lead headed into Game 4, which is tomorrow at 6:00. I hope the Lakers realize the opportunity they have in front of them. With a win tomorrow, the Lakers can go up 3-1 headed back to Los Angeles, where they could close out Denver at Staples Center. The Lakers were up 2-1 in their last series against Houston, and then got blown out in Game 4 and consequently ended up going seven games. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling Denver will win. I'd be both surprised and impressed if the Lakers could take Games 3 and 4 in the Mile High City.

Well so much for the Cleveland Cavaliers momentum from Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Forty-eight hours after LeBron James hit his miracle 3-pointer, the Cavs fell to the Orlando Magic 99-89 in Game 3. The Magic now lead the series 2-1, with Game 4 on Tuesday in Orlando. 

No comments:

Post a Comment