Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Two More Weeks Until Life Becomes Relevant Again!

Arizona State plays host to the University of Washington this Saturday at 7:15 p.m. local time. ASU is 3-2 and coming off a 27-14 win against Washington State, while Washington is 3-3, and coming off a 36-33 win against Arizona. This is a very big game for both teams, as it will go a long way in determining whether or not both teams will make a bowl game. Washington's quarterback Jake Locker is the best in the Pac-10, and quite frankly I don't think ASU's offense is good enough to hang with a team that can put up 20+ points in a game like Washington can. If ASU wants to win, their defense is going to have to clamp down on Washington and hold them to two touchdowns or less. In the end I see Washington winning this one, and in doing so, ending ASU's hope of getting to a bowl game since they still have to play USC, Cal, Oregon, and Stanford.

The National League Championship Series begins this Thursday in Los Angeles, as the Dodgers take on the Philadelphia Phillies in a rematch of last year's NLCS, which the Phillies won 4-1. The American League Championship Series begins Friday night in the Bronx, as the New York Yankees take on the "Los Angeles" Angels of Anaheim. I'll have my preview of each series up by Thursday afternoon, but in short I hope to see a Dodgers-Yankees World Series matchup.

The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers begin their 2009-2010 regular season in exactly two weeks, as they will open up against the Los Angeles Clippers. I can't begin to describe how excited I am for this upcoming season. Let's put it this way, in two weeks life will become important again. The NBA is by far my favorite sport, and the Lakers are by far my favorite professional team. I'm expecting nothing less than another championship from the purple and gold this year, and I'm more than confident that they will repeat. There is no team in the NBA with the amount of talent or depth that the Lakers have, and when the Lakers play at their very best, there is no team that can contend with them.

I will be seeing U2 in concert one week from tonight at the University of Phoenix Stadium! I'm very excited for that concert, as U2 is one of my favorite bands of all-time.

Listen my weekly radio show "The Sports Lounge", it's on Tuesday nights from 7-8 p.m. Arizona time. Tune in online by clicking here, or you can check out our podcast by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment