Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Catching Up On Lost Time

I apologize for my long break between posts. I've been very busy with school work and I'm also trying to come to grips with the fact that my school's football team is god awful. Arizona State is now 2-2, after losing to Georgia and Oregon State. Quarterback Danny Sullivan is one of the worst players I have ever seen in my life, and that's saying something considering I grew up a UCLA fan. Even though there have only been four games, the season is lost for the Sun Devils. I don't see them winning more than five games, considering they still have to play USC, Cal, Oregon, and a much improved Stanford team. But hey, only one more month until basketball season!

If you want full, in-depth analysis of ASU football and other sports news, then listen to my radio show "The Sports Lounge" every Tuesday night from 7-8 p.m. Pacific Time. You can tune in online to the Blaze website, or you can check out our podcast.

The Los Angeles Dodgers will face the St. Louis Cardinals in the NLDS starting tomorrow at Dodger Stadium. The boys in blue had many problems with the Cardinals during the regular season, and I have no reason to believe that things will change. The Cardinals pitching is better than the Dodgers, and pitching is really all that matters in the playoffs. When you combine that with the fact that the Dodgers offense has been dismal in the last week or so, it means bad news for the Blue Crew. I expect the Cards to win the series in four games.

Speaking of the Dodgers, I am fairly certain that I will be seeing them in historic Fenway Park next summer when they take on the Boston Red Sox. Last time I heard from my father, he said it was likely that we will make the trip out east.

The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers start their regular season in exactly three weeks! I can hardly wait to see my beloved team back in action. Early reports are that center Andrew Bynum will start the season by coming off the bench. Lamar Odom will get the nod in place of Bynum in the starting lineup. I will talk more about the Lakers as their season opener nears.

I will try to post more often from now on. Having a twitter definitely makes me think about blogging less, since I can update my thoughts right away, as opposed to writing in bulk like I am right now. For those of you that have a twitter and want to follow me, you can find me by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment