Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dwyane Wade: Where Amazing Happens

 

Dwyane Wade has quickly become one of my favorite players in the NBA. As a matter of fact, I would say Wade is my 2nd favorite player in the game behind Kobe Bryant of course. I watched Game 2 of the Miami Heat-Atlanta Hawks game last night, which the Heat won 108-93 to even out their series at 1. For most of the game I was in awe of Wade's play. He started to take over the game in the 2nd quarter when he scored 13 straight points for the Heat, and ended up with 21 points in the 1st half alone, which was more than he scored in all of Game 1. The Hawks put several different players on Wade, but it really didn't matter, no one was going to stop him. Wade ended up scoring 33 points, and was 6 out of 10 from 3-point land. Other than LeBron James or Chris Paul, I really don't know if there is a player who is more valuable to his team than Wade with the Heat. Last year Wade missed most of the season with a bad knee, and the Heat won a grand total of 15 games. This year with a healthy Wade the Heat won 43. Wade led the league in scoring, averaging 30.2 points per game while dishing out over 7 assists per game as well. Wade is a true class act and really is a pleasure to watch. I remember the first time I really started to follow Wade was in the 2006 NBA Finals, when over 6 games he averaged 34.2 points and led the Heat to an NBA Championship. I'm pulling for the Heat to win their series with the Hawks as it would most likely set up a Dwyane Wade-LeBron James showdown in the 2nd round.  For the time being Wade is my 2nd favorite player, however I see him being my favorite once Kobe retires.

Game 3 of the Lakers-Jazz series is tonight. I'm hoping the Lakers can come away with a split in Utah and then finish off the Jazz in Game 5, which would be in Los Angeles. Utah is a great home team, and their fans are very passionate and will certainly be very loud. I'm predicting Utah to win Game 3 and then lose Game 4.

The Dodgers lost again last night. Manny Ramirez hit his 4th home run of the season in the losing effort. Looks like Man Ram is finally starting to heat up a bit. The Dodgers are 10-5 and still hold the top spot in the National League West.

I went to the Phoenix Zoo yesterday with my MCO class, thus the picture of the Tiger. It was a fun trip; I got to see a Giraffe up close for the first time in my life. I'm looking forward to Above The Rim tonight and of course the Laker game. I love having no classes on Fridays; it's nice to know my week ends today. Next week is my last regular week of school, with finals soon after. Today's forecast in Phoenix: Sunny with a high of 96

 

            

No comments:

Post a Comment