Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Final Countdown

One videography story separates me and the end of my sophomore year of college. Halfway done with college.... I can't even write that without cringing a bit. It's amazing how fast the time has gone. I've had the time of my life these last two years at ASU, but come Wednesday I will be back in beautiful Southern California. I guess I can't complain too much since I'll be able to be at the beach on a daily basis, after all it's starting to get really hot here in Tempe. I'm still waiting to hear back for a possible summer internship. I'll keep you guys posted.

On a different subject, one win separates the Lakers from reaching the Western Conference Finals for the third straight year, as the defending champs took a commanding 3-0 series lead against the Utah Jazz with a 111-110 win tonight in Salt Lake City. No team in the NBA history has ever come back from an 0-3 deficit to win a series, and it will more than likely stay that way.

As good as the Jazz may be, and as hard as their players might play, they simply are not in the same league as the Lakers. Take tonight as a perfect example. The Jazz shot 48% from the field, their bench outscored the Lakers' 46-22, and Andrew Bynum scored 0 points. Just about everything that could have gone the Jazz' way did, yet they still lost. Tonight was Utah's best chance to get a win in the series in my opinion. While I do think Utah can and most likely will win Game 4, I don't see this series going past five games. Looks like we're all but set for a Western Conference Finals showdown between the Lakers and the Phoenix Suns.

I don't even want to talk about the Dodgers. Their performance so far this season disgusts me. I can only hope that General Manager Ned Coletti makes some moves before the trade deadline, otherwise this season could get ugly very quickly. I can also only hope that the Dodgers have at least a .500 record by June 18th, because my dad and I will be in Boston to see them take on the Red Sox at Fenway Park. If the Dodgers keep playing the way they are now, then we'll be flying out to Boston to see them get swept.

No comments:

Post a Comment