Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend Wrap

The Dodgers have lost 10 of their last 15 games, and their lead in the NL West that was nine games at the All-Star Break is now only five and a half games. The Blue Crew lost three of four games to the Atlanta Braves this weekend, and now will travel to San Francisco for a three-game series with the Giants. This has to be the biggest series of the year for the Dodgers, as they can either get some padding on their division lead, or allow the Giants to pull to within two and a half games of them. It's likely that Dodger pitcher Chad Billingsley will miss his start on Tuesday because of a sore hamstring, so whoever gets the nod will have to bring his A game since Giants ace Tim Lincecum will be on the mound. Lincecum is 12-3 this season, and he has the best ERA in all of baseball at 2.20. They say all teams go through funks during the season, and the Dodgers are in theirs right now, hopefully they snap out of it and get back to winning immediately.

The New York Yankees swept the Boston Red Sox in a four-game series in the Bronx. The Evil Empire now has the best record in baseball at 69-42, an lead the AL East by six and a half games. I'm not a big Yankees fan, but there's nothing better than seeing Boston franchises lose.

Today is Derek Fisher's birthday, which reminds me that even though the Dodgers likely won't win a World Series anytime soon, I still have the world champion Lakers to cheer on. Only two and half months until the start of the regular season.

U2 is coming to the desert on October 20th for a concert at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. Hopefully I'll be able to go as U2 is one of my favorite bands. The Black Eyed Peas will also be playing, so it should be quite the show. Let's just say I gotta feeling that October 20th will be a good night. (Hopefully you get my reference to the Black Eyed Peas latest song)

I can now say that I'm friends with people who have been infected with the swine flu! Two of my friends got the disease this past week after attending Hume Lake Christian Camps up in the Sequoia Mountains. One of them was supposed to go to a Jonas Brothers concert tonight, but maybe God got her sick so she would be spared of having to watch the performance? I'll be making fun of both of them for being infected, but in all seriousness I hope they both feel better soon.

I will be back at Arizona State in a week and a half. Hallelujah! 






No comments:

Post a Comment