Friday, August 28, 2009

The Start of Sophomore Year

I apologize for the long break between posts. Now that I'm up and running again, I'll go through what's been going on in the last week or so.

A week ago today I moved back to ASU. I am in an off-campus apartment with three of my good friends from last year. The apartment complex is absolutely amazing, it's almost like I'm living in a resort. There is a pool and spa, a movie theater, a gym, basketball and volleyball courts, and billiard and foosball tables. Not to mention there are plenty of good looking women everywhere.

I started classes on Monday and finished my first week of sophomore year yesterday. Here are the classes I'm taking and my thoughts on each one.

Psychology- 500 people in this class. It seems easy so far and the professor is very nice. This is your typical college lecture class.

United States History- Boring class. The good news is it seems identical to my AP US History class I took in my junior year of high school. The bad news is I got a C both semesters in that class. There is a lot of required reading and my grade depends on four tests. I'm predicting this to be my toughest class this semester.

Spanish- My teacher is possibly the dullest teacher I have ever had. The course itself is easy, should be a guaranteed A.

Radio Reporting and Broadcasting- This should be my favorite class this semester. Basically covers everything I will need to learn as I go into the radio industry. This is probably the most important class I will have this year.

Principles and Ethics of Journalism- My professor is a writer for the Arizona Republic. It is self-explanatory on what we will talk about based off the title of the class.

On Tuesday the premiere of my new sports radio show "The Sports Lounge" aired. I am with two other guys on the show, which is an hour long. I didn't think it was anything special, but nonetheless it feels great to be back on-the-air. The show is Tuesday nights from 7-8 p.m. and you can listen by tuning in online to www.blazeradioonline.com.

Sophomore year has been great so far, and it's only going to get better. It feels great to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment